Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Power Of A Generous Heart

Toady I was privileged to hear a wonderful speaker who shared an array of stories that touched my heart and filled me with admiration for the courage, generosity and grace of some people. The power of a generous heart can be astounding.

One story told was of a young girl who was attacked with acid, which literally melted her face onto her chest. Unfortunately this is not an uncommon atrocity in some countries.
The photos where horrific and tears where unavoidable. You could not see where this little girl's face ended and her chest began. This poor little girl was found under a table. After several operations costing about one million dollars she now has her gorgeous little face again. She can eat and now has a chance of a normal life.

This was only one of many different stories shared. I have had people question me over tithing at church. Reflecting on testimonies such as this, I cant help but feel that my donations are a such a diminutive sacrifice for rewards so great. As the saying goes ”there is always someone else worse off than you”

No comments: